By popular demand, here is a sample of a Character Questionnaire (like the ones I mentioned in yesterday’s post). You can find the original questionnaire here, or many other wonderful questions on the web (some with over 100 questions, which I think will give you just about anything you ever wanted to know about your characters).
1. What is your character’s full name?
2. When were they born?
3. What are their parent’s names?
4. Do they have any brothers or sisters?
5. What kind of eyes do they have?
6. What kind of hair do they have?
7. What is their complexion like?
8. What body type are they?
9. What is listening to their voice like?
10. Do they have a favourite quote?
11. What sort of music do they enjoy?
12. Have they ever cheated on a partner?
13. Have they ever lost someone close to them?
14. What is their favourite sound?
15. What is their opinion on euthanasia?
16. Are they judgmental of others?
17. Have they ever been drunk?
18. What are they like when they stay up all night?
19. Have they ever been arrested?
20. What colour evokes strong memories for them?
21. What do they do on rainy days?
22. What religion are they?
23. What word do they overuse the most?
24. What do they wear to bed?
25. Do they have any tattoos or piercings?
26. What type of clothing are they most comfortable in?
27. What is their most disliked saying?
28. Do they have any enemies?
29. What does their writing look like?
30. What disgusts them?
4 thoughts on “Character Questionnaire”
I absolutely love this :] Have you ever tried the 100 question one?
Thanks for sharing!
I’ve been looking through all your articles here on Word Press and I’m truly grateful for what you’ve posted! As a aspiring novelist it’s a great help!